Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Welcome back

It's been like 8 or 9 months since I last posted on my blog. I have wanted to post months went by and I felt like I had waited to long to post so , whatever, I'm just gonna catch this baby up. Ben and I had a great summer. We bought a new boat in August. We mastered the art of wake surfing and enjoyed our lake house and being with each other. We had lots of visitors at the lake house. We made new friends and had some awesome cook outs. I finished up my 4th semester in grad school. I have kept my 4.0 GPA while working full time and teaching aerobics. I really love the program at Western and I hope to finish in the near future. I taught aerobics at church twice a week until November. I took a break for the holidays and for my sanity to finish up my research papers and final exams. Lastly, I received the greatest birthday present ever. Ben and I finally conceived our baby! I found out I was pregnant in November. Total shocker! We had just had a serious conversation about looking into adoption as soon as I finished school and BOOM, pregnant! I never gave up but I didn't think it was going to happen either. I was 5 days late for my period and I told Ben. He kept saying, this feels different, I think this is it. I didn't want to be disappointed so I kept saying, no, it's just another weird period. Well, Ben talked me into taking a pregnancy test. I didn't want to buy one, so I decided to take a test at work. I knew it was going to be negative, this was my way of protecting my emotions I guess. I got to work, peed in a cup, took the dropper and dropped 2 drops of pee on the test. Expecting a negative test, you can imagine my surprise when the thing popped up positive. I about fell out in the floor. The first thing out of my mouth was " Thank you Jesus!". I called Ben a million times, he wouldn't answer! Finally he called back and I screamed, " I'm pregnant!". We were both in tears. We just couldn't believe it. Ben had all the faith in the world that God would give us a baby, I had the faith of a mustard seed. We never gave up. We prayed everyday for the Lord to give us a baby. God is faithful and His timing is perfect. This baby is a true miracle and we feel immensely blessed everyday. I am now 25 weeks pregnant with a baby boy. We are due July 13. Everyday has been a miracle in itself. We thank God everyday for this baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment