Friday, April 15, 2011

Hallelujah Dinner

I had the opportunity to speak at the women's dinner at church last night. When I was asked to speak about our miracle baby, I started praying for God to speak through me. I knew my friend Ashley was going through a similar struggle so I invited her to the dinner. We have been friends since high school and have always kept in touch. She was so excited and so supportive. I couldn't wait to see what God had to say to her and everyone else. I felt good about speaking because people need to know about God's great works. Also, even though you know you are not alone in the infertility battle, you feel alone. I wanted people to know that nothing is impossible with God. I didn't go into great detail about all the doctors and procedures and tests that we went through. I only had 10 minutes to speak. I made sure to joke a little. I am kindof funny and I like to lighten the mood. Plus, it is an exciting story with a happy ending! My main goal of the speech was to encourage those going through the same thing we did. I wanted them to know that it's not easy but it's not impossible. I wanted to tell them that my faith wavered but God put people in my life to encourage me when I needed it. Lastly, I wanted them to know that you can't ever give up on your prayers. If we ask God for something, we need to ask Him expecting it to happen. It is so hard to live this when you feel so defeated and disappointed but it is so wonderful to see what God does with your life when you make it through a struggle. Looking back, the Lord answered all of my prayers. He gave me peace when I needed it. He gave me strength to persevere and continue to take up my cross everyday. He showed me mercy. One of the ladies last night made me realize just how merciful God is. She said that God showed me mercy by giving us a baby at the perfect time. We have about 12 ladies expecting babies in our church right now, 2 in my Sunday School class. She said imagine not being pregnant and having everyone around you at church expecting a baby. I had never thought about that but she is so right. God is so merciful. He also gave me grace. I asked Him to help me handle myself with grace throughout this whole journey. I felt like a hot mess most of the time but to everyone else I seemed like the most faithful, patient, and graceful women they had seen. People asked me how I could be so patient and all could say was, God. It's amazing to see what he has done in my life and my husband's life. His timing is perfect and I wouldn't change anything. I am thankful that I was chosen to bear this burden. I am thankful that I have the confidence to speak about it. My hope and prayer is that I can help other women make it through the infertility struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment