Friday, April 15, 2011

Pregnancy symptoms

When I found out I was pregnant, I was ready for any symptom that came my way. People always say that the sicker you are, the healthier your baby is. Well I was really sick. I started with the all day sickness about week 7. Then continued with night sickness until about week 17. I lost 10 pounds during the first trimester! Next thing is bra size. I went from a 36 D to a 38 DD and now a 38 F! How about they don't sell my bra size at the maternity store. I had to settle for a 40 E. What is that? I don't even want to know what size my boobs will be when my milk comes in. Pregnancy amnesia or placenta brain. Kind of good when you want to forget how sick you have been but bad when you can't put a sentence together because you can't remember simple vocabulary words. Ben and I have gotten the biggest kick out of my forgetfulness. We have had conversations and I have no recollection of what he is talking about. Also, my brain won't process things like it used to. Sometimes people will be talking to me or explaining something to me and I can't understand what they are telling me. I have had to ask so many people to repeat themselves because I have no idea what they just said. Luckily we can all laugh about it. The best thing has been my enjoyment of food. The best story I have is from Krispy Kreme. Who doesn't love a hot fresh donut? Ben and I were on our way home and I said if the hot sign was on, I wanted to stop and get 2 donuts. Both for me of course! So we went in and they said it would be 3 minutes before the hot ones would be ready. No problem. I watched those donuts ride up and down the conveyor belt, drop into the hot oil, flip over, and then ride through the sheet of glaze. They were so hot, I almost burned my mouth but they were sooooo good. Ben and I talked about how fun it will be to bring our son to Krispy Kreme and watch the donuts. It is so exciting to think of all the fun stuff we can do with him as he grows up. There are other symptoms that I am choosing not to include because I either want to forget them or just leave this post on a high note. Some things just aren't worth talking about. I have tried very hard not to complain about any symptom. My only complaint so far has been my tailbone pain but I am still enjoying every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment